Monday, February 20, 2012

Manly Transport

Last month, I bought a scooter. And, for the record, that's what they're called: Scooters. Not Vespas (which is a brand name--the equivalent of calling every copy machine you see a Xerox), and not Mopeds--which is an amalgam of the words "motor" and "pedal." This doesn't have pedals. It's a scooter.

Specifically, it's a Yamaha Zuma 50, with a 49cc engine. This is important because anything with a larger engine requires insurance and a motorcycle endorsement. Whereas this requires neither, which is a big reason why I chose it.

I use it primarily to get back and forth to work. Yes, I also have a car--but Misty and I share that, and she works much farther away. Now, we can work our own schedules without having to worry about dropping each other off. It also means less wear and tear on the car, and less money on gas.

Oh, did I mention that I spend roughly $5 a week on gas on the scooter? But don't be too jealous; There is, of course, a much greater likelihood that I'll die riding it than I would driving a car. But let's talk more about how I'm better than you, instead.

Also, I have a TARDIS sticker on it. And a little windshield. So there's that.

1 comment:

  1. You should have posted a picture of the sticker. I guess I could just go out to the garage and look at it though. :P

    ReplyDelete